Friday, February 17, 2006

I am that MOM

I hate to say it but I have become that mom. You know the mom with the child who doesn't match. The mom who looks cool but inside is dying because her child decided today was the day he wanted to dress like a superman just to go to Wal-Mart. This happened to me last Wednesday. Andrew came up to me just as we were about to go and run some errands and asked for a hat. I thought he meant the real cute baseball cap that is kahki and with navy blue print says "Daddy's buddy." Which I would like to interject would have looked lovely with his navy blue coat and his outfit beneath that coat. But no he points to this other hat (given by some lovely friends of mine) that is camouflage and has an orange stripe running all around it. Keep in mind that he has on no orange or colors that would really match with camouflage (I don't care what you men think not everything goes with camouflage). So I closed my mouth and prayed in my heart for strength but God said to me is this worth a battle for your vanities sake. And I said yes it is Lord. But Andrew's face of excitement told me he loved that hat and had to have it to make his joy complete that day. So I became that mom of the child not matched but I was actually beaming because my child had decided that day to become more independent and more creative with his ensemble choices. Not to say I didn't try on many occasions to leave the hat in the car but as soon as I took it off he would kindly say "Hat please." So I guess in the end I became the proud mommy of the son who chose that Wednesday to have his head camouflaged in the aisles of Wal-Mart.

No comments: