Monday, October 09, 2006

Fishing

I realized this weekend as my sister-in-law and all the rest of us were getting our nails and toe nails polished that I would never have the joy of taking my daughter to have her nails get done. It sadden me for a moment but then I received a pick-me-up picture message of my son and his Paw Paw fishing. For his gift of being the ring bearer in my sister's wedding he received a fishing pole. Not just any fishing pole but a Batman fishing pole equipped with a practice fish to cast and reel in. Let me tell you this is the greatest gift to him ever. Tonight he practiced casting and reeling the whole time Chris mowed the lawn.
As for the wedding, he did very well. He walked down the aisle with his cousin Alexis and me. This wasn't the planned way for coming down the aisle but at the last minute he boycotted walking alone with his cousin. He was doing great standing next to me up at the front until those rose petals caught his attention. He then left my side to pick up and smell each rose petal individually. Luckily Chris got his attention before he went up the whole aisle. We all got a nice chuckle out of it. I forgot my camera but my sister's wedding was beautiful. It was out doors right next to the bayou as the sun was setting. Hopefully I can find some pics because I want you to see Andrew in a tux.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
No you will not have the joy of having your nails done with your daughter... but... you can have them done with your daughter-in-law... I have always said if God lets me live to see. I promise that I will be a wonderful mother-in-law.. actually, I have said that if I am not to please take mo on... so If I die soon after Nick gets married.. you will know what happened. I always knew I would get a little girl..see I have no brothers, sisters and I knew nothing about boys. It is so funny, now I think boys are so cool. Now sweet, beautiful, prissy, desert eating,potty trained little girls like Austin Minor are the exception... I think I understand boys better now than girls...But, it is kinda sad how we lose them to their wives...I guess that is good to remember when our Men Mother's need some son attention... Anyway, gotta go cause Nick just called and he is starting in his soccer game against Durham Academy.. Hope he does well, this will be the first time he has started with North Raleigh's team... They have not seen his skill like all the other coaches & his parents:)
Love ya
Waiting for wedding pictures
Angie