Tuesday, November 11, 2008

He's Mine...

There are so many reasons I hold Jonathan near and dear to my heart. Here's just one example:
Since we are church planting, our food budget is limited to only the necessities. On occasion I will pick up a few treats but it just depends. On our last shopping trip Andrew was asking for chips. I went to get him some generic brand of chips but he wanted Doritos. Doritos are not affordable, so I got the generic brand, praying that they would be good. As it turn out, I like them better than Doritos because there are a lot more of those chips with extra spices.
Yesterday during lunch, I was watching Jonathan picking through his chips to find the ones with extra spice. It just melted my heart. Andrew on the other hand, gave those to me because he said they were too spicy. Jonathan also ate my Bojangles, extra seasoning, fries without missing a beat. He also likes to dip his chips in salsa. He is one spicy meatball.

2 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

I have found that to be true with Kerr and Jack as well, and I cannot help but think that I made Kinsey that way with the bland diet that I gave her before the other two came along. I used to bring food to restaurants to make sure there were things that Kinsey liked, but the other two had to rummage through our plates like leftover refuges, but they are much better eaters. Something you learn along the way, but there's nothing I can do now.

Jessie said...

There is a lot of truth to what you pointed out. I'm sure I didn't mean to make his diet bland but I did (even though, during pregnancy, I loved spicy food...with both my boys).