Friday, December 19, 2008

104.5

I was wrong to say he had the rotavirus, he does not. Monday and Tuesday he ran a fever of 100-102, nothing too serious. Wednesday, he woke up from him nap and he was on fire. I took his temperature (under his arm) and it read 103.5. It scared me to see that number, knowing that it was actually a little higher than that. We called the Dr. on call and he was not worried. He thought it might be a cold related temperature and told us to keep an eye on him. Yesterday, he woke up fine and acted fine all morning. He took his nap and woke up on fire again. I took his temperature and again it read 103.5 (under his arm). I gave him some medicine and then later that night he looked so bad and felt hotter and I took his temperature again and it read 104.5 (under his arm). That scared me and the Dr. calls and says he isn't too concerned because he doesn't have any other symptoms with the fever. He said if I didn't feel comfortable with those numbers (is anyone comfortable with them) I could bring him in tomorrow. That's where we are now. He had a horrible night last night waking up and wanting something to drink. I plan on taking him in today so I'll keep you up to date. Here's a picture of his sick face not wanting to eat his snack. He looks so said.

7 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

I hope all is okay. with my kids the experience has been high fevers, nothing shows up as 'sick', low fevers they end up having ear infections.

i don't even give tylenol or motrin for fevers. I just let it ride out. so far it has worked well. kinsey has only been to the doctor once in the last 7 years, and jack has only been twice in his life.

now kerrigan is a different story. she gets a cough usually each year, but the dr. won't give her anything for it, so i stopped taking her in. we just suffer for a few weeks listening to her. :)

Rachel said...

Poor boy. Please update asap. If I don't hear anything I will assume the worst. Thinking you y'all!

Anonymous said...

baby oy is sick, call right away, prayers are with him

Jennifer said...

Poor baby. Keep us posted!

sarah said...

i'm glad it's only an ear infection. poor little man. he looks so miserable.

on an unrelated note. love the blues clues jammies. i need some for isaac.

Jessie said...

His jammies are adorable. If you ask him where's Blues Clues, he'll point to his shirt and all the others on his legs.

Thanks everyone for praying.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear its only an ear infection. As for the, is anyone comfortable with 103 fevers, always listen to your gut. Only you know what you can deal with. Personally 103 is my max!
I say shame on the DR. Poor Jonathan was sick all along with the ear infection.
Maybe we can still be on for Monday?