Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Get Together

Last night we all jumped in the car and headed off to my brother's house for an early Christmas dinner and present exchange. It is nice to live near family so you can spend some time together (and not have to ship every present). My sister-in-law made and amazing homemade lasagna and I made an amazing bagged salad (I forgot the actual salad in our hurry to get on the road and had to stop at a local store for a bagged one). We had to leave early because Andrew just did not look good. At one point his face had no color in it. His little cold is causing him to get little sleep (and he broke the humidifier in his room, which doesn't help) because of all his coughing. But before we jumped back in the car we let the kids open their presents:
Andrew jumped right in and started opening his first.
Andrew got a Webkin police dog and a sheriff's badge. He named is dog, Duke, because that is Uncle Travis' dog's name and he thinks his uncle is so cool because he has a police dog. Duke slept with him last night to protect him.
I was going to help Jonathan but he said he can do it, and he did. It was fun to watch him tear into the paper. This makes me extra excited about Christmas this year.
A Big Truck. Perfect. Jonathan played with that and cried when I didn't put it in the crib with him. Mean mommy.
Andrew's cousin Kirsten opening her present. We got her a really cute necklace and a candle. I think she really liked it.
Jonathan was done and he wanted to play.
Sorry guys we had to leave early (I forgot the presents for the FL family). We had a blast.

No comments: