Monday, July 17, 2006

On The Road In PA

Andrew and I safely made it to PA to visit with my grandparents. They are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary by taking us on a train ride. My grandfather retired from the railroad but his heart still beats choo choo train. During his days with the railroad he was instrumental in getting rid of the cabooses. If you want his address to send complaints I'll give it to you.
Today was one of those full circle days. As children we would come and stay with our grandparents for weeks at a time. Very close to their home is a park that we would spend our evening riding rides. There are more pictures of my brothers, my sister and myself getting off the rides or going on the rides. It fostered many wonderful memories. Today I got to take Andrew and let him ride the same rides I use to ride. He loved it. I took lots of pictures but I am not quite sure how to put them on this computer. Back to the rides...it was fun to stand there and watch him go around and around. Most of the time he remember to say hi. He was more into driving the boat, car, or helicoptor. More than anything I wish Chris could be there. He would have loved it. There are only a handful of rides but he rode them all many times. I was proud of myself by the time we left I was actually letting the park employees put Andrew on and off the rides. That was huge for me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like ya'll are having a great time. We missed our walk this morning. OK, not really. I enjoyed being lazy. :) Keep updating.

Oh yeah, sorry about the naked pic on my blog. Nothing is revealed.

Tonya said...

I miss my friend but I am glad you are having fun! How sweet that must have been to see Andrew enjoy the same rides you use to ride; I think that's special. Have a fun trip and we will see you soon.