Monday, July 10, 2006

Virtual Dog Haters

I could not sit back and take it any more. You who say the dawgum is not a real pet should realize that he can hear you. This is the greatest pet ever. Never has he asked me to take him for a walk (in the snow, sleet, or rain especially) or play with him. I don't even have to feed him I have all my blogger friends to do that. No, dawgum is a great pet. Someday we'll have a real pet. One that pants and slobbers on guests, pees on carpets, eats shoes, and all the other lovely things that dogs are infamous for doing. Until then our family will embrace the virtual, battery operated, stuffed dogs.
As for Andrew, well he is still trying to get over his wonderful visit from G.G. and Paw Paw. We now have family (other than church family of course) in the area. Chris' brother and family moved to Wake Forest to finish his degree. We all helped them move in last Monday. It is exciting to have cousins for Andrew to play with. Paw Paw spoiled Andrew with lots of candy. G.G. spoiled him with lots of love. It was nice to have them here.
I did have a nice surprise this morning. I was nice and cozy in my bed and Andrew decided to give me a wake up call. He is usually pretty good about staying in his room until we come and get him for breakfast. Well this morning he thought I was taking a little longer than usual and came to my room and said 'Morning Mommy.' It was very cute but as any good natured mom who has not had their coffee fix, I simple replied 'Not yet, go back to bed.' His bottom lip pushed out and his chin began to quiver but he never cried he turned around and went back to bed. I wish I could bottle that obedience and bring it out in other circumstances.
Which reminds me of the other thing he is doing now (maybe you moms have been thru this and can give me some advice). He likes to sleep on the floor. We put him in bed but just before we go to bed we check and he is on the floor. As soon as he sees us he'll pick up his dog and blanket and get back into bed. I'll get him in the mornings and he is on the floor. I don't understand at all. Any ideas?!?!?
Sorry no pics. I do have some and I'll try to post them tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessie,
You really are right about your viritual rality dog... I feed him a bone everytime I check your site.. while my dog is in the back room whining because there are fireworks and thunderstorms and she is scared to be outside.. So who is smater?? The floor thing beats me.. Nick fell out of his bed many times.. but to sleep on the floor, it stumps me... I await to read the advice from your many smart girlfriends...(my baby is 14 taking the driving part of Drivers Ed,I mean he was on 540 today! Something is wrong with that! Lord help us all! and HE does.
You young Mothers better enjoy it, it goes so fast!, it gets better and better)
but.. I saw Andrew on the playground last night and he walked up to Austen and said Hey and she said Hey.. it was the sweetest thing. He is such a sweet boy..
Love reading about your Andrew
Angie

Leslie said...

I LOVE Dawgum! How awesome to have a virtual pet. I have fed him a bone every time I have checked the site. Sometimes, I do two or three. Hope he isn't on a diet; our fat dogs are!

I will admit, I had no idea you had updated the blog because I kept on seeing Dawgum. I just assumed there were no new posts. Whoops!

Rachel said...

I think Dawgum is the perfect pet. You know me, NOT a dog hater, but having no desire to have a pet anytime soon. Maybe when Kirby and baby are old enough to take care of one themselves we will rescue a dog from the boiling pot in China.

Lora said...

I think Dawgum is so much better than a *real* dog. I'm with Leslie, I think we're all fattening up your dog!

Lora