Thursday, October 09, 2008

Superwoman

This is going to sound weird, but I enjoy going shopping with the boys. Sure, if I go by myself I can get a lot more done more quickly, but I enjoy the challenge and the unexpected. While we were there on Tuesday, Andrew grabbed one of the cards that play music. Typically, he grabs the Darth Vadar card and I get to hear that...dum, dumm, de, dumm tune. This time he grabs the Superman card and plays with it while we shop. I don't know what it is about that tune but it changes your mindset. I just knew I could leap over buildings (I don't remember any of the other things you can do as Superman, but you get the point).
It was funny to watch peoples reactions as I rounded the corner. They would look to see who was the Superman (or who was the weirdo with the annoying tune). As they looked at me I would just give them a little wink and grab the cereal (malt-o-meal please), chips, and Hamburger Helper.
That is what I love about shopping with the kids. It's never the same thing, it's never boring.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good for you. My trips to the store are the only time I get away from 'Mommy, mommy...MOMMY!' Of course I do take Stan and I think he adds more to the cart than the boys would.

Hello...Superman can fly. Every time I hear that music I will now think of you on the cereal isle.