Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bye Bye Bubbles

Our church was having its annual kid's musical and they did a great job. Since it was a kids thing the nursery workers were given the night off and Andrew got to sit in our laps and watch with us. I knew it could be hairy because like his mommy we have no idea of our own voice volume. We feel like we are talking but we are actually yelling. I got it from my father and he got it from his and he probably got it from his and you see the vicious cycle continuing into future generations because it is genetic trust me on this. Needless to say I brought plenty of snacks with the intent that if his mouth was full he would not be able to speak loud thus he would not be able to embarass his mommy. But after the opening prayer I knew all the snacks in the world was not going to stop him from speaking/yelling his thoughts. Our children's pastor opened in prayer and as he said amen Andrew speaks/yells amen not once but twice. Everyone had their laugh and I thought the worst was behind us. That was until the bubbles, those wretched bubbles decided to show. The kids were singing about bubbles and and bubbles were everywhere and Andrew was mesmorized. And then the bubbles were gone and Andrew noticed this and aknowledged their disapperance with a louder than normal 'Bye, Bye Bubbles!!' Everyone had their good laugh and it was so loud the actors on the stage even laughed at it. I wanted to crawl under the pew because while it was very cute and very thoughtful of him to notice the disappearance of the bubbles, when people look I get embarassed. I guess I will have to suck it up and expect more to come since I believed it is the job of the child to embarass the parents so later when he is a teenager and doesn't want me to embarass him I'll remind him how he embarassed me and now it is my turn to embarass him. And that is how that vicious cycle continues from generation to generation.

No comments: