Monday, August 14, 2006

Anniversary

Today was a great day. Chris and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. We had a great time at the beach with Andrew. We wanted to go to a pool but apparently public pools are closed. Amazing, August 14 and we didn't have a pool to go to. I was amazed. Because the kids are back in school they close all the pools. Who would have thought.
Instead we head off to the beach as a family. I love going to the beach with Andrew. He always has a good time. While at the beach Chris was saying how much he loved the beach but hated the sand. Just as soon as he said that Andrew looked up at him and said 'Daddy, I love da sand.' It was a true statement since he had just ate half the beach. Chris later gave him the task of throwing away a bottle. As he starts to walk away his shorts start to fall down in the back (sand and water with no hips equal lots o' crack). He'd take his free hand and pull them up. He'd take a few more steps and repeat the pulling up process. It was adorable. Keep in mind he wasn't wearing any swimmers under his trunks so we got to see a lot of his backside. I wish I had a got a picture (or video) because my words don't do it justice. He was very kind to pick up lots of shells to give to me. It was a relaxing family time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Ya'll are old. Have I told you that recently. Just remember Stan is older, just a late bloomer. I'm glad you got to have a fun family day. I got you that Birthday gift you have been begging for each day we walk ;). Just kidding!

By the way, Lora was the IT genius. I struggled for about 5 days before she sent me step by step instructions. Remember that time I was the computer person at work, that was funny. If only they knew the truth.

Rachel said...

You were on such a role the first part of the week. Now I have no idea what my friends have been up to. I just might have to be rude and call. :)