Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dr. Visit

I went to the perinatal (the correct spelling) doctor's office today and had some good news and some bad news. The bad news is I have to give myself blood thinner (hepbrin) shots until 6 weeks after the baby is born. The good news is that they aren't as expensive or as painful as originally expected. The other good point is that I won't have to worry throughout the pregnancy if I or the baby have a blood clot. They are completely safe for the baby, which was a big concern for us. The doctor reassured us many times that there is no side effects to the baby. They also said that I would have a few more ultrasounds to make sure the baby is growing. Having more ultrasounds is always a good thing.
Cute story about Andrew. Yesterday we were leaving the consignment sale and driving by the airport. Andrew asked if we were going to see planes. I said yes we will see a few planes. His reply took me by surprise, he said 'That's cool mommy.' For the briefest moment we had a conversation. Now that's cool.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad things are going to be much better than you originally thought.

That's cool Jessie. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Shots everyday stinks... but the results will be worth it.
Hey told Nick his frisbee golf dad was having a baby..same thing as Andrew "That's cool" things do not change that much:)

P.S. the pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!
Angie