Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Where to begin

For those who check out my blog and for days, perhaps a week or two and nothing new, for that I am truly sorry. I could come up with some clever excuses, like I am parent and I don't have time, but mostly I nap (remember I am pregnant and naps are okay any time of day) or do laundry and don't have time. If I wrote down all the adorable things that Andrew does or says there wouldn't be enough room.
Before we left for Asheville last Thursday I had a doctors appt. and Andrew got to come with me. That was an experience. The joy of waiting in the room for the doctor was interesting. The doctor was listening for the heartbeat and Andrew kept asking, 'What's that Mommy?' I told him it was the baby and he got so excited and started to jump up and down and say, 'Baby brother sister here, baby brother sister here!' It was so adorable. It broke my heart to say no the baby is not here. I get so excited when he gets excited about the baby. I think his favorite part about the visit was the sucker-da-candy (his way of saying sucker) he got at the end.
We then left and met his Paw Paw in Greensboro. Chris and I were on our way on a singles retreat in Asheville and GG and Paw Paw were kind enough to watch him for us. It was nice to have some alone time, but it was even nicer to hangout with everyone and not worry about bedtimes or naptimes. We were able to minister to the singles unhindered. I had a great time and I was glad I was able to go. I know Andrew had a blast at the grandparents house. Who wouldn't like candy and mac-n-cheese as staples in their diet. Just kidding grandparents, I know you added some fruit.
There are many more stories but you'll have to call to get them. Andrew's in bed and I need to do my quiet time while I have some quiet time left.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yea, a ticker. But I can't read it.