Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cereal

Wow sometimes I sit and wonder where does the time go. I distinctly remember looking at Andrew when he was 1 month old thinking people are crazy, time does not fly by. It felt like those first couple of months took forever. Now, I want to put a brick on his head and force the clock to slow down. I don't know if any other mom feels this way but I bet they do. For the new moms, time does pick up speed as they get older.
This reminds me of how grown up my 2 1/2 year old son is. He is in a breakfast rut. He loves his cereal. Every morning you ask him what he wants and it is his cereal. Not any specific kind any cereal will do. (Now I know any good parent wouldn't ask their child what they want for breakfast but would feed them whatever the good parent made. Apparently I am not quite there yet so bear with me.) One morning the only cereal we had was Chris' Cocoa Pebbles or as we like to call them, Daddy's cereal. Coco Pebbles are not very nutrional but who doesn't love chocolate milk at the end. Not being a hypocrit but Andrew is not allowed to have that cereal due to the fact I have to be with him while he is on the sugar/caffine chocolate high. So later that day we went and got some cinnamon Life and he couldn't wait for breakfast. The next day when we are sitting down to eat Chris pours some of the Life and Andrew protested and said, 'No, Daddy that is Andrew's cereal.' To which Chris replied, 'And did you pay for this cereal?' To which Andrew replied, 'Yes.' Amazed Chris said, 'And how did you pay for this cereal?' Andrew simply replied, 'Playing ball.' Who knew our 2 1/2 year old had a sports endorsement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See how smart he is? He is such a cutie. I enjoyed talking with you at the lake. You guys are a blessing. I def enjoyed Andrew's funny faces. And yes, if the brick thing would work.I would do it! Although I have never quite heard that analogy before, but I like it:-)
Love ya,
Angie

Tonya said...

I know, my heart breaks to see my children grow up so fast, I'll cry now just thinking about it.
Jessie you are such a good mother.
Keep being good to your children and maybe Andrew will use his endorsement money to take care of you when you're old:)