Friday, January 12, 2007

Prayer Request

I had doctor's visit yesterday that had good news and bad news. The good news is that I had lost 6 pounds since my last visit. That means I have only gained 4 pounds this pregnancy which makes me happy. The bad news is that my blood pressure was a little high. The doctor is taking some precautionary measures this weekend and testing me for preeclampsia. I had blood work drawn and I have to collect my pee for 24 hours. They are looking to see if I have proteins in my urine which is a sure sign of preeclampsia. When they checked yesterday for proteins I did not have any so that was a good sign. I have an appointment on Tuesday to find out the results. Please pray that I won't stress this weekend, which only increases my blood pressure. Pray that I will trust God to do His mightly works. I won't lie, I have shed many tears over this because all I wanted was a normal pregnancy. My friend Tonya wisely told me that no one has a normal pregnancy. I appreciate all your prayers.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You know the Lord is in control. You have been so healthy all during your pregnancy. No matter what happens you have done all the right things to have a healthy baby--don't let yourself think you have done anything wrong. We are praying for you and let us know if we can do anything to help you stay low stress this weekend. :)

Tonya said...

I would like to offically enroll in the Jessie Dowd "How to Only Gain 4 pounds During Pregnancy"
class please.

Just let me know the class times and I will be sure to attend!!

You are doing wonderful:)
Have a great weekend:)
Love~

Anonymous said...

Jessie,
I ma praying for you... Try not to cry cause I think that might make it high too. When you get afraid... look at dear Andrew and hold fast to GOd's promises. HE will carry you.. If you need anything please let me know.
Love ya,
Angie