Thursday, February 15, 2007

Jonathan

Okay, I know you want pics and I want to give you pics but as you can tell it is really early and Chris is still sleeping. As soon as he gets up we'll post some pics and you can see how your prayers are being answered. Yesterday was a great day for Jonathan. He is still in the Special Care nursery but has improved in lots of ways. I got to hold him for the first time yesterday (a great Valentines gift) and the doctor saw how well he did all bundled up next to me that he decided to take him out of the hood and use a nasal tube for oxygen. Jonathan definitely needs the O2 but they are weaning him from it very slowly. It is so much nicer to be able to go in and truly look at him and not struggle to see through the hood.
He is still on an IV and they had to put it in his head because they couldn't find any good veins in his hands. So prepare yourself when you see the pics. It doesn't hurt him at all but it isn't pretty to look at either. The good news is that he ate from a bottle 2 times yesterday and I got to feed him one of those times. He started the day eating 5ml of milk to eating 35ml of milk by dinner time. Apparently a lot of his fussiness and lack of sleep was from a lack of food. The good news also is that my milk has come in so he is eating mainly mommy's milk and only a little formula. That is truly an answered prayer from the Lord.
It was such a special day yesterday and I just thank the Lord because I know it came from Him. I don't when Jonathan will be out of the Special Care nursery but we're not pushing it because I want him to be healthy. They did another chest x-ray and it was still hazy (which indicated that he has premature lung disease) but no pnuemonia. All the tests for bacteria infections came back negative so he is also off the antibiotics. Continued blessings from above. God is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey is gorgeous! We are so happy for you all and we are praying very hard for Jonathan to get healthy and go home. Can't wait to meet the newest Dowd. Love and kisses to everyone!
~Stacy

Anonymous said...

I meant 'HE' is gorgeous! Sorry

Anonymous said...

Jess,
Stacy sent me your blog, he is BEAUTIFUL!! Has # 1 met him yet? What does he think? I bet he is alittle disapointed he won't be able to play ball with him right away. But that will Come, way to fast!!! I sure hope he gets better fast, and is able to go home soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Lynn~