Friday, August 01, 2008

Updates...

I keep meaning to update you on all that the boys can do.
Here's Jonathan's latest:
  • he can now say: amen, bug (isn't that like a boy), shoes (which sounds like juice).
  • he runs to get his shoes when we say we are leaving.
  • he gets so excited when people he knows come over.
  • he runs to me to give him a hug and a kiss before I leave, which is adorable.
  • he likes to walk instead of me carrying him.
  • he now signs thank you. On a side note, I've been working with him to say 'Love you,' with not much luck. I get down and put his cute little face in my hands and say 'I love you Jonathan.' All he hears is 'you' which sounds a lot like the thank you we have been working on. So instead of saying love you to me, he just just signs thank you. Very cute.
Here's Andrew's latest:
  • he can read. I've been doing preschool here at home since he turned 3. When he turned 4 it all clicked in his brain and started to catch on to all the sounds quickly. Now we'll be driving down the road or reading his Bible story and he'll sound out words. Very cool.
That's all for now.

3 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

so sweet!

that is awesome about Andrew... he'll be reading magic treehouse books before you know it. my girls love 'Jack and Annie'.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to add 'lover boy' to Andrew's list of accomplishments!!!

My poor 'innocent' daughter!!

~Stacy

sarah said...

this was a good idea. i never post any of isaac's accomplishments. just his pictures. that's easier.... :)

so, your eldest can read? now you can't spell out things to avoid having him know what you're talking about!

i'm relieved to hear that jonathan isn't recited poetry and booking public speaking engagements. all of my friends have these extremely advanced talkers and isaac is still saying the same few things. and jumping off furniture and chasing the dog and the usual.

i want to visit you. someday. someday.