Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Back from FL

I had a special treat this weekend...no kids! Two of my friends invited me to go to FL with them for some fun in the sun (briefly interrupted by Tropical Storm Barry). It was so nice to go to sleep and have no one wake me up crying or telling me it's thundering outside. I didn't have to worry about a schedule, bottles or playing Candyland. The hard part was coming back home, not because I didn't want to parent, but to see my baby is no longer a lay around baby. He's now playing with toys and kicking his legs to make things move (on purpose). Jonathan isn't crying as much during naps and is a true joy when he is awake. He smiles like crazy (although he doesn't laugh as much as Andrew did) and coos all the time. Here are some pictures of my first day back with them as full-time mom.
Obviously enhanced, but I love his smile.
This is his attempt to sit-up. He's actually doing a pretty good job at it.
Just another cute shot.
Here's my boys. I miss the days when Andrew would simply smile at the camera. He reminds me a lot of Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes) on class picture day. He has a great smile just before the picture is taken and as the shutter snaps the smile disappears. At least one of them is smiling.
FYI...Daddy was in charge of the boys while I was gone. He did an amazing job.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I love smiling babies. And serious toddlers.

Pastor Chris said...

Thanks for the FYI....I was wondering if I was going to get any credit.

sarah said...

instead of posting comments on my site, i would rather you spend your time putting up pictures and updates on your site.
thanks.

sincerely,
bored of "back from FL" in winston-salem (lewisville)