Saturday, June 16, 2007

We're Still Here

Sorry about the lack of updates lately. We have been in VA visiting with the grandparents while Chris was in Germany. Chris took the camera with him so I have no recent pictures of the boys (yet again, time with grandparents not photographed). A couple of days before we went to VA Andrew had the 24 hour stomach bug. He got over that with flying colors only to give it to Jonathan and eventually Mommy got it. Luckily Jonathan only had a fever and none of the other nasty stuff. While in VA I got to see my older brother and his family (sadly Jonathan couldn't come due to his illness). Andrew had such a great time (I wish I had pictures of his zeal) chasing his cousin Kirsten around. Kirsten was kind enough to play with him and entertain him so my brother and I could catch-up. He couldn't stop talking about it on the ride home. While at G.G. and Pa Pa's house we were able to go to the pool one day. I wish we could have gone a few more times but things don't always work out as planned.
We had to return early because both boys had a doctor's appointment. For those of you moms with almost 3 year olds...be prepared for this appointment. I was completely thrown back because he was treated like an adult. He had the usual weight (30 1/2 lbs) and height (37"). But then they pull out the blood pressure cuff and I was surprised (72/38). I never knew that they checked their BP so early but Andrew thought it was cool. They also checked his sight and hearing. It was weird for him not to be treated like a baby. I mean, I know he is not a baby but to be treated like a little man was weird.
Jonathan also did very well. He weighed 13 lbs 14 oz and he grew 2 inched in 2 months (25 3/4 inches). He handled the shots well and smiled like crazy.
Now I am sitting here watching Man V. Wild (regretting I didn't name my children with cooler names, like Bear Grylls, because now I fear they won't traverse Mt.Everest) waiting for my husband to return.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Bear Grylis is definitely tough.
I don't know if you could have made a tough name out of Dowd if you tried.
It rhymes with cloud. And they are fluffy and not tough.

The same can be said if Lidbom. We're just not going to have tough boy names.

But they can still climb Mt. Everest.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I want my child climbing Mt. Everest. I mean, people die doing that.

I've already told Jeremy he is going with me to Austen's 3 year checkup. I can't handle all the pressure:)

I'm glad you had fun with the grandparents. I really don't know how my children catch your children's illness when ya'll are in another state but somehow they did. It's OK, we didn't go to the hospital this time:)

~Tonya

~Tonya

Jessie said...

While I understand the risk of climbing Mt. Everest, I feel I might have limited them even more. I'm pretty sure though that I have not limited them to becoming ballet dancers or opera singers. I'll have to get back to you in about 20 years with the final outcome.