Thursday, June 21, 2007

Finally, Girls Out Number The Boys

I had the privilege over the past couple of days to watch 5 girls (plus my 2 boys). I got to do things that I don't normally get to do, like paint finger nails and toenails, talk about girl things and not roar like a dinosaur for endless hours. By the time nap time came around Andrew was zonked. It is sad when your son is begging you to go to bed because he is so tired.

Here's Jonathan being loved on my Joy and Sarah.

Andrew, Sarah, Joy, Shiloh, Hannah, and Jael enjoying a lollipop.

Jonathan enjoying his new toy thanks to G.G. and Pa Pa.

Brotherly love.

The thinker.
One last thing, every night before Andrew goes to bed we have Bible story and prayer time. The teacher in me likes to review the story that night and other stories we had read earlier in the week. As we went over the story of Moses I asked him, "Who helped Moses part the Red Sea?" He said, "God did," and after a moment to think he asked me, "Mommy, who is dis God?" The way he said it implied that we talk an awful lot about this guy but I have never met him. I'm sure God was sitting up in heaven laughing His head off when He heard my feeble response. You think you have a grasp on something but then your when 3 year old asks and you fumble over every other word, it puts your Bible knowledge in perspective.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so true? We never have it all figured out. Thank God He gives us wisdom when we ask for it:)

sarah said...

I love the picture of Andrew on the couch with the girls. He's looking at them like they are another species.

Anonymous said...

HA!! After a read Sarah's comment, I went back and looked at Andrew - that is too funny!!!

Jenn Mason

Anonymous said...

I do hope Andrew will one day know that girls are not a odd thing God made.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I am a girl and I am sure that he will always think that girls are a very odd thing that God made,I think it all the time. But an odd thing that he will not be able to live without. Now Jesse,that is many years down the road:)Of course, you know that time flys when you are having fun, so stop having so much fun!
Love ya
Angie