Monday, August 06, 2007

Mommy's Little Helper

Since Chris was out of town last weekend, I decided to take the boys to Chic-fil-a for the food and the play ground. As usual, we sit down and Andrew informs me he has to poop (I need to teach him the who # system because it is a little more tactful than saying in a loud voice 'I need to POOP...OOOO....OOOO...I need to POOP). I talk him out of it by telling him he doesn't really need to go but we'll try after lunch (see how I redirected the behavior).
Promptly after finishing lunch I pack up and throw out our trash. Meanwhile, Andrew is making a beeline for the potty and I'm saying I'm sorry to everyone I've hit with the car seat (it was an ugly sight because Chic-fil-a was packed with many patrons). We finally get to the bathroom and the handicap stall I usually use is taken so I tell him to go in one and tell me when he is finished and I'll come in and wipe (he did actually have to do #2 so I felt a little guilty making him hold it for so long). He finished his business and then it was my turn. I went in and Andrew said this to me 'When you are finished Mommy just tell me and I come in a wipe for you.' How helpful. After all these years I finally get the help I've been looking for.

6 comments:

Jason and Kathleen said...

Wow Jessie, what a great help. And you aren't even a senior citizen yet!

Anonymous said...

I have almost decided not to take Ann Rae out in public anymore. What is is about this age with the embarrasing comments? We were in the bathroom at Food Lion (by the way if you need to know where the bathroom is in any store/restraunt in SW Virginia, ask me. We frequent them all quit often.) Anyway, I decided to go as well, after Ann Rae of course, and she announced VERY loudly "PHEEEW ...EEEEEEE....MOMMY!Your Poopy stints!" Lovely.

sarah said...

I love your tales of Andrew. He cracks me up. The best part is, he seems so innocent and honest, I bet he would help you wipe. Nice kid.

Jennifer said...

Andrew must really love his mommy!

Anonymous said...

I would like to say that it is very important that you teach him that at an early age..it will really be a huge help when our boys dump us in a nursing home. Maybe when they stop by on Sundays they will be willing to do as a lady ask me a few months ago? "Honey do you have time to grease my butt?"What do you think I did? I will leave you to speculate. But, all that Andrew makes me smile way down deep inside.. Love ya

Jessie said...

Hey family.