Saturday, September 15, 2007

Days are Numbered...

That's Maggie I'm talking about. I decided last week to let Maggie move on to a home that will love her the way she needs to be loved. She is such a good dog but I just can't take it any more. I am doggie mommie failure and I admit it.

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. I wish I had some grand tale of excitement to tell you after all this time but I have nothing. Life has been pretty boring. Since the temperatures have not been insanely hot, the boys and I have been at the park a lot more. Jonathan is now a full-fledged crawler and likes to crawl after Andrew at the parks. He also likes to go down slides on his belly. It is really funny to watch because he has a look of sheer terror on his face as he grips his toes and fingers into the slide. He goes really really slow down the slide but it still freaks him out. But once the ride of terror is over, he squeals with delight. It's hilarious. Now that Jonathan is crawling I have to watch him a lot more closely. He loves to play with Maggie's doggie chew toys. I guess he figures if it is good enough for her then it is good enough for him.

Andrew has started Cubbies at our church and he loves it. Everyday he wants to put on the Cubbie vest (over his Batman shirt nonetheless) and go to Cubbies. He has memorized two Bible verses so far (Romans 3:23 & Romans 5:8) which means Mommie has also memorized two verses so far. I see what the AWANAS organization is doing and I like it. Andrew is also asking those fun questions that you wonder where he got that from (does that make sense at all?). For instance, he asked me the other day, 'How do fish cry?,' 'How do cats cry?,' and 'Do dogs smile?'. There is never a day that goes by that I am not writing something down in my Andrew sayings book.

So that's all that has been going on. I told you it wasn't much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
Don't give up on Maggie. It will get better. Hang in there... Still waiting to go to the lake..now there is no water and Dennis thinks it is unsafe at the lake..many stumps he says...So busy have not even taken it out this year. Sad huh. Give Maggie more time.. You can do it.
Love ya
Angie

Anonymous said...

don't give that dog away!!!
denise

Jennifer said...

So I want to hear the answers to Andres questions...especially "how do fish cry"...I've always pondered that myself.

Jennifer said...

I meant Andrew's, not Andres. Although Andre is a perfectly acceptable name.

Jessie said...

I'm sorry to say (actually not too sorry) we are giving the dog away. It wasn't God timing and she needs a home where she can run and we don't have that here. I do feel a little bad since Andrew was playing with her yesterday and said, 'I love you so much Maggie.'
As for the answers, I just tell him like it is, fish don't cry because Mermaids make them happy all the time. No, I really don't say that but that would be funny. Andre is spanish for Andrew and I am part Puerto Rican.