Monday, September 03, 2007

Last Night...

when I put Andrew to bed I told him if he didn't come out he could put a star on his chart. After 10 stars he could do whatever he wants with his Daddy. After much thought, Andrew decided he wanted to eat a sucker with his Daddy. He also informed me that he would have the red sucker and Daddy could have the blue sucker. I said that sounds like a good idea and we would talk more about it in the morning, hugs and kisses good night. Five minutes later he came around the corner and Chris told him to get back to bed. Forty-five minutes later he walked around the corner and said, 'I need to speak to Mommy.' I go to him and ask him what he wants, thinking he will ask to go to the bathroom. But no, he said to me, 'Mommy, I want Daddy to have the red sucker and I'll have the blue sucker.' I picked him up, hugged him and laughed as I put him to sleep. I asked him if he had been thinking about it for a long time and he said yes.
Later, Chris and I imagined him laying there and thinking he really didn't want the red sucker but he was afraid he might get disciplined if he came out. But maybe, it was worth the discipline because he really did want the blue sucker. And maybe Daddy is eating the blue sucker right now. Too funny.

No comments: