Friday, October 26, 2007

A Lesson In Birds...

Andrew likes to watch Little Einsteins and from time to time I let him. I've watched the show a couple of times, except for the magical instruments and how odd it is they talk music the whole show, there is typically nothing wrong with it. Except for the other day...

I was letting him watch it because I was doing some research on the computer (and by research I mean playing games) and since we had had a full day of activities we were both relaxing. As I researched, I heard a word I wasn't quite for sure I heard correctly coming from the TV. So I went to the living room, low and behold, I heard it again. The show that day was about the boobie seabird (I am blushing just writing the word) of the Galapagos Islands. After about four times hearing the word and realizing the whole show was about it I turned the TV off quickly. Andrew was none to happy about having it turned off but that was a battle I was willing to have.

I began to wonder if I had missed so many shows that taught about all the other birds. Had they exhausted all the other birds so much that they felt compelled to teach them about this bird. Thankfully, Andrew is past (for the most part) repeating everything he hears.

Honestly, I thought it was kind of funny they would pick that bird. I think the writers that day were having a good time and thought they would play a little joke on us parents. Very funny Little Einstein writers but next time talk about the tortoises of the Galapagos Islands.

No comments: