Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin Faces

Last week Andrew and I carved the pumpkins we got from the pumpkin patch. I forgot to tell you we went to a pumpkin patch and had lots of fun. We did the hay maze, the corn maze, picked some corn, picked some cotton, picked our pumpkins, fed the animals and had a blast riding the hay ride 2 times. It dawned on me somewhere between picking the cotton and picking the corn that I got the raw end of this deal. This farm we were at actually had people come and pay to harvest their crops and feed their animals. They didn't pay me to pick their corn, cotton or pumpkins but I actually paid them to do it. If I'm ever low on cash I'm posting a sign in my front yard, 'Grass Cutting Patch.' I will charge people to come and cut my lawn and dead head my flowers.
In all seriousness, we had so much fun I wouldn't have traded that day for anything. Except I didn't get a single picture because the batteries were dead. Here are the faces we carved in our pumpkins...

Jonathan was about as interested in carving pumpkins as he was taking this picture. All he wanted to do was eat the seeds and I kept trying to tell him we had to roast them first. What can you do with rebellious 8 month olders.
Andrew loved the outcome of carving pumpkins. He didn't like the fact we had to stick our hand in there and get dirty. He kept telling me 'You do it Mommy,' and would hand me the tools I needed to get the job done. He also recommended we make a cross in the pumpkin. He is so much fun to be around.

2 comments:

sarah said...

such cute boys you have there.

you are brave to put jonathan so close to that pumpkin. if it were isaac, he'd be all over that. nothing is safe.

Jennifer said...

I've never carved a pumpkin. You offering lessons?