Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Update on MRSA

Everyday it looks like it is getting better until yesterday when the main one on his tummy looked more pink. Here's the thing with a MRSA abscess, if it doesn't heal quickly and properly it will form another abscess inside the abscess. That is what we are afraid may have happened to the one on his tummy. I am a little mad at our peds doctors because they are not being very aggressive with the healing of it. They keep making me make all the decisions and I don't know the first thing (except all that I have researched and am starting to believe I know more about it than my doctors) when it comes to the healing process. If you can't tell I'm very frustrated because I'm the one forced to man-handle my son on a daily basis because his wounds have got to be repacked. I praise God for a friend of mine (who is fast becoming my best friend) because she has had more insight and has packed his wounds everyday for me. If it were not for her I would have been at Duke ER everyday this week getting Andrew taken care of and becoming very poor. Although the upside to taking him to the ER would have been the doctors there would be more aggressive than my doctors now.

Funny story at the ER time...
When we were at the ER on Friday night the doctor was going through all the side effects of the sedative. I can't remember all the side effects but what cinched the deal for me was when he said, 'But in all my 3 years of practicing I've never seen this.' He said that with a straight face but my insides were laughing because that was apparently suppose to be reassuring to me. AHHH, the joys of taking your child to a student hospital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be Strong LIL DUDE!! We're prayin' for ya!

Stan