Saturday, March 01, 2008

Week In Review

Since Chris was in Nicaragua the past week, the boys and I stayed extremely busy (if we stay busy we don't think about him as much). Sunday and Monday was kind of slow and we didn't do much. Chris and I had a date night last Thursday and rented the Cars movie for Andrew to enjoy with the baby sitter. Since it was still at the house we watched it a million times. I really like that movie for him, except for the 2 bad words. Why do they have to ruin a good children's movie. I get that they are also entertaining parents, but after seeing it a couple of times my entertainment value has been met, while Andrew will probably (but not successfully) want to watch it 3-4 times a day. IF, and that is a huge if, I let him do that, those 2 words will have been heard 6-8 times. I just wish that kids movie companies wouldn't do that. (Enough of that rant)
Tuesday, we went to my brothers house to hang out with him and his family. Andrew loves to go there to hang out with his cousin Kirsten (that's what he calls her, like cousin is a title). Jonathan is experiencing some serious separation anxiety and took a while to warm to them. Once he realized I wasn't going anywhere, he unattached himself from my hip and played with everyone. The best part of that trip (besides the quality time with my family) was receiving my 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies (2 thin mints, some kind of peanut butter, and somoas).
Wednesday, we went to NC for my check-up (everything was fine) and the boys got to play with his friends Kirby and Bennet. The boys had a blast and slept the whole ride home.
Thursday, we had a whole bunch of errands to run and later that night the Tate kids came over. Jonathan had another meltdown until 7:30. Then he decided that Mommy wasn't leaving and the kids were here to play with him and all is well. After he went to bed, I went on-line to learn how to make the perfect paper airplane, 35 steps later we completed it and it actually worked.
Friday, we cleaned the house to prepare for Daddy's arrival.
Saturday, Daddy came home!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm coveting your girl scout cookies right now...I love Thin Mints and James loves Samoas. They have a new Lemonade one this year that is pretty good, too. Ahh...nothing like girl scout cookies...

Rachel said...

The boys got to play with their friends AND you got to see our BFF. You forgot the most important part.

Jessie said...

P.S. The boys got to play together and I got to see my BFF. The best part was raiding their home and taking home a bunch of cool things, some mentionable and some unmentionable.

sarah said...

ummmmmmm.....

the next time you come through to nc, i will appreciate a call so that we can meet for a road trip break. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ok..you must check out the clear play dvd player at Target..go online and type in clear play dvd player..the dvd player was 42.00 and for 60.00 a year you have access to all movies that you plug into the memory stick that comes with player and it takes out cursing violence and....NUDITY it is awesome and I think that all families and especially Christians should have one..Check it out... Love ya There is aso the TV guardian that you can get at family bookstore..but it does nothing about nudity....Angie