Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Red Shirt...

Here are some unfortunate events that have happened recently in our home:

We were given a super cute red Olympics t-shirt. That shirt has now turned all of Andrew's clothes pink. Some of the worse hit victims...his Transformer, Batman, and NASCAR underroos. They aren't as manly now that they are pink. All the other former white, now pink clothes have been put in the trash. Now I have to go and buy new socks, t-shirts, and...well actually he still wears the underroos because he doesn't care.

My dishwasher caught on fire. I hate to say this, but I'm totally a spoiled American. It has been the longest two weeks of my life (slight exaggeration). I use to love washing the dishes by hand. In some strange way is was relaxing to me the repetition of washing round and round, rinsing in warm water and drying round and round. Not the case these days, with all the dishes and I like the idea that the dishwasher kills all the germs.

As I write this, the dishwasher delivery guys just called and said they would be here within the hour. I might bake them some cookies or buy them some flowers because I'm that grateful to get it back.

5 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

When we first moved in this area, six years ago, we rented a house. Jason picked out the house by himself b/c he was already living up here.

He didn't notice there wasn't a dishwasher. It was the longest most challenging year of my life, for many reasons, but not having a dishwasher was in the top 3 reasons.

I would pick certain things to cook based on how many dishes it took to prepare. I had a 2 year old and newborn too, did I mention that?

I understand your joy.

Jessie said...

FOR A YEAR!!!!! You are a rock and should be crowned mommy of the year!!! Seriously, after a week I thought I was going to go nuts. I'm no earth muffin but I do my part, as a believer, to take care of the earth. All that logic went out the window and I went to Wal-Mart bought paper plate, cups, and cutlery. I justified it in my head by saying, 'I can use it for Life Groups too.' Just a ploy, all of it went for us. Sorry earth, I'm better now.

Of course, when I say I take care of the earth I mean only when it is conducive to my lifestyle, i.e. putting the plastic and aluminum cans in the recycle bin. I use disposable diapers because I hate laundry, much less poo filled laundy.

S.E. Painter said...

I don't love the earth that much. I use paper plates, but not daily. I save them for the nights when the dishwasher is full of clean/or dirty dishes and I don't want a sink full of dishes.

Considering we run our dishwasher daily, sometimes bi-daily, I probably would save a lot of money to just do paper plates, but they don't match their cups like the plastic plates do. weird, i know.

I got cute kids stuff from IKEA at Potomac Mills. I want to go back and get twice as many cups, bowls and plates. They are the perfect size.

Rachel said...

Dishwasher? What's that? I have someone to help me 5 days a week so I really can't complain. I think if I didn't have that help I would miss it so much more. You ladies are so funny. Even when I lived in the States we only ran our about once a week...maybe twice.

Sorry about the clothes. Just be thankful it wasn't all your white stuff.

Jessie said...

Rachel hush. I knew you were going to make me feel worse.
I don't run it everyday either but I like not having to wash every single dish I (or other members of my family) dirty. It's the convenience I like. I especially liked that our home warranty covered it, otherwise we may not have been able to afford a new one for awhile.
I love you for my gently reminder.