Sunday, May 21, 2006

Day 2

















This was another wonderful day in Florida. For those of you who might not know my parents live in St. Petersburg, FL which is where the Tampa Bay Devil Rays have their field. My dad and I love to go to ball games together and enjoy each others company. While we were at the game, Andrew got to enjoy some one-on-one time with his Maw Maw. I'm not sure which one had the better time. On the way home from the game my dad and I took the longer way home which winds around the Tampa Bay. I noticed a nice playground area and couldn't wait to take Andrew. When he got up from his nap Maw Maw and I took him to play. He met a friend (the girl in the slide picture) and kept calling her Sophia. She kept telling him her name but apparently he thought she looked like his friend Sophia. He had fun running around with her. While we were at the park I couldn't help but think of my friends and wish they could be here. This park isn't elaborate but it has great views (we saw cruise ships, a wind surfer, and a rock that my mom thought was a sea turtle), the playground, and a walking track. I could imagine us walking the track breathing in the salty air and chatting it up. I miss my friends dearly and Andrew misses his friends too. As I put the pictures in I just wanted to note that I love the shot of Andrew with my mom. It reminds me of the many times she would point things out to us. It was a wonderful thing to watch. For those of you wondering, yes that wall drops off to the bay. I was praying that Andrew wouldn't get bold and take a step. Believe me I was praying. But it is a great shot.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So beautiful. It looks like ya'll are having a great trip. Rest up, next week we are hitting lake Lynn. I've already decided my pregnancy tiredness (I know you will probably make fun of that word) is going to be over after our trip to FL. I'm hoping our walks will give me more energy too! Talk to you soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful park! Looks like Andrew is having a great time! Enjoy the rest of your vacation :)