Friday, May 19, 2006

We Have Arrived


After 12 hours in the car we finally made it to Maw Maw and Grandpa's house in Florida (as seen on the left). I was very proud of Andrew. We both got up early and he tried for the longest time to take a nap. He had a real hard time falling asleep. When he got up from his mini-nap he watched a Veggie Tale movie (or as he says it 'beggi tale mobie'). We stopped for lunch at McDonalds and it was fun to sit and watch him take his time enjoying his hamburger. He had no concept that we still had a long way to go and couldn't take forever to eat. He taught me a lesson about enjoying the moment and not thinking of what is to come. Children have a wonderful way of keeping the main thing the main thing. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me a lot this week since I have easy access to a computer.

No comments: