Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Day 3 & 4

Andrew and I had a special time yesterday. We got up early and headed over to the beach. It was slightly disappointing because the skies were cloudy. I was afraid I wouldn't get much sun and beacause of that I didn't put any sunscreen on myself (Andrew's was reapplied twice). Boy did my shoulders get cooked. There won't be any pictures of the beach because I forgot to bring the camera. I was sorry too. Andrew was so much fun this year. First of all, he loves to be in the water. He will float out into the water and just watch the boats, the helicoptors, and the people go by. Don't worry I am right there with him. Then my mom and I sat in our chairs while he played in the sand. It was so nice because he didn't want me to entertain him. He just shoveled the sand into the bucket and then back out of the bucket. It was so much fun. Then later that night my parents took us out to a super nice resturaunt (my mom works there). The meal had three courses and it was delicious. Andrew was treated like royalty. My mom's boss/friend brought him out a cookie and ice cream. Andrew loved it. It was the most elegant dinner I have had in a long time. I was proud of Andrew because he behaved very well.
Today we didn't do much. We had lunch with one of my mom's friend, Pat. Pat's daughter is moving to Durham very soon. She will the one of the managers of the Long Horn Steakhouse at Briar Creek. After dinner we all went for a walk. This was another time I wish I had my camera. Some of you may remember that Andrew loves dogs. Tonight as we walked he held my mom's hand while he walked Ricky (mom's dog) with a leash. He was very content. A couple of times he dropped the leash and Ricky would have minor heart attacks but all in all I think they both enjoyed themselves.
P.S. picture of Andrew and me is in front of fountains at the resturaunt, Andrew enjoying cookie and ice cream with mom, and Andew with mom's lobster claw plant. The flower looks like a lobter claw. I thought it was pretty cool.

No comments: