Wednesday, March 14, 2007

1 Month Check-Up

So Jonathan had his 1 month check-up today and it did not go well. Apparently all the crying is from a lack of food. In 2 weeks he had only gained 2 ounces (babies at this age are suppose to gain an ounce a day). The doctor recommended that we supplement an ounce of formula at the end of each feeding. I know that it is for the best but now that he is nursing (apparently not well) it is hard for me to go back to bottle. The doctor said he isn't nursing well because he doesn't have the energy to nurse well. Hopefully by getting him over this weight hump he will nurse more efficiently. Please pray that this will work. I feel pretty bad knowing I was starving my child (it's not like I didn't offer him something every time). Here's his stats:
Weight 8-3 12%
Height 21 1/2 50%
Head 37.2 40%
As for Andrew, he is doing well. He is in a testing phase and discipline has been a regular thing with him. I'm trying to be consistent without being to impatient with him. Some times it is easier than others. He has said some really funny things lately. We were recently having a conversation at lunch and he asked me a question, then I responded and he responded with, 'That's interesting mommy.' I felt all fuzzy inside knowing that my child found me interesting. He also said, 'When I have a wife, then I be married.' Wisdom...true wisdom.

3 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

Jessie- I'm sure the nursing will work out. Just make sure that you are getting enough water and taking the time to relax. I bet you're working yourself to death.

Your boys are adorable!

Pastor Chris said...

I'm praying it does work out. We had trouble with Andrew eating well too. They both are lazy eaters but Andrew got better around his 3rd month birthday. Hopefully Jonathan will get better before then. Thanks for the encouragement.
Jessie

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...You mommies of 2. I really do not know how you do it. You go all day and 1/2 the night. I will be praying that things turn around QUICK.As for Andrew, his world has been turned around too.. his Mom is now sharing with 3 fellas and one of them is totally dependant on HIS MAMA.
Love and Prayers,
Angie