Saturday, March 31, 2007

Not So Good


You may be wondering why have a rose picture today. Well, I wanted to give you something beautiful to look at because I have some not so good news. There was a spot I have on my tongue that has been bothering me. I went to the dentist and he sent me to an oral surgeon who then biopsied it. The biopsy came back with news that I did in fact have cancer on my tongue. This was very overwhelming and contiues to overwhelm me. I know this is a God thing because this form of cancer is typically found in someone who smokes or chews tobacco their whole life. This is when I have found the true difference between joy and happiness. I am not happy about the fact that I have cancer and what will have to take place to be cancer free but I find joy in believing that God has a plan for this. This cancer is bigger than me and I can't wait to see how God gets His glory. Please pray that God will completely remove the cancer and or give us wisdom with the future decisions on how to handle it.
The good news is that all the doctors have said that this is a completely treatable cancer because we caught it in the early stages. We see an oncologist on April 11th and then we'll know more information.

10 comments:

CAGB said...

I don't know you in real life, but I will be praying for you.

Rachel said...

Much love and prayers for my bff, as always. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessie,
WOW! We will be remembering you from a distance! Know that you and Chris and the boys will be lifted up!

Anonymous said...

I meant to grab you yesterday at church, but you were surrounded (something about a sweet sleeping baby attracts a crowd). I just want you and Chris to know that James and I are praying for your family...if there is anything at all that we can do, please let us know.

We love you guys!

Jenn Mason

Anonymous said...

Please know you, Chris and the boys are in our prayers. We love you!
Travis,Chandra and Kirsten

Jason and Kathleen said...

Jessie....rachel let Tara and I know so we could be praying. we are praying for miracles!

sarah said...

Hi JDowd.
I too, will be praying for you. Maybe you have secondhand chewing tobacco cancer? You know, there is a lot of dipping out there in the tobacco road region. You never know. :)

THanks for the mom-encouragement. It's a long long week!

Anonymous said...

Jesse,
Please know that we are all praying for you throughout the day. I am sure that you must be feeling so overwhelmed. I do know that God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we ask. We are asking for God to touch you and take this away. We are also praying that HE will give you the Doctors that are best able to treat you. But, until differently we are asking God to take it away, so that you can continue to raise those 2 precious boys to serve Jesus. Tell Chris we are lifting him and your babies up 2. If we can do anything you just call. We will help with anything that you need.
We all love all of you!
Dennis, Angie & Nick

Anonymous said...

Hey Baby girl....you should know who this is....we are praying for and i know you are a very strong chica....i've been so blessed to have a sister like you...i dont think you know how much you mean to me...and i PROMISE you i will never let anything happen to you....i'm here for you...I LOVE YOU LOTS...your sis :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Jessie said...

Thank you to all who have read the blog and left notes of encouragment. Whenever I get sad I open this page and know how many people are praying for me. What an amazing feeling!