Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cancer Free

If you haven't heard yet, I am completely cancer FREE!!!! God is an amazing God! He guided the surgeon's hands and showed his eyes where to cut and how much to cut. Every time I think about it I cry because I am simply amazed at how awesome God is. The biggest praise is that God is so good at helping through the surgery that I don't need radiation or chemotherapy. Plus, as an added bonus, the scar will be minimal once the incision has completely healed. The doctor was pleased with his work but little did he know he wasn't the one performing my surgery. Oh, his hands may have been the tools but it was God working and saying, 'This is my child and I know she has the faith to believe in a complete healing. And I also know she is completely vain and won't want a big, fat ugly scar. So we'll be extra gentle and extra careful.'
Thanks for all the prayers, they were not in vain.

5 comments:

sarah said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you. And I'm exceptionally happy that you will still be beautiful with minimal scarring.

I can't wait to come see all my RDU Friends.

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you little sis...i also cry everytime i think about it..love ya your sis

S.E. Painter said...

Awesome Jessie!

The Lord has been busy performing miracles all over the place!

You've got some cute babies. I've enjoyed the blog.

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Wonderful news! God is GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Hi JessieDowd.. :)
I have been thinking of you a lot, keeping up with you on your blog. I hope things continue to go great for you all. Your boys are precious.
Take care,
Jenn Woodyard (Stevens)