Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What's Going On

I have no excuse as to why I am not keeping up with the blog. I think it is the guilt of not keeping up with pictures. I take pictures of one boy and not the other and then it flips. Then I sit here looking at all the pictures and can't figure out what to post. My favorite is, my parents were here for 1 1/2 weeks and I never got a picture of them with the boys. My dad would feed Jonathan almost all his feedings and I never got a picture of it (truly sorry about that dad). My mom was so kind to stay up every night till 11 and feed Jonathan his last bottle of the day while Chris and I got some extra zzzzzs. Though on my behalf of that one, the percocet had kicked in by 11 most nights and I was out for the night. Jane (my mom-in-law) is here now and I have yet to take a picture of her with the boys. I'm going to make a concerted effort tomorrow to take one. She has been a big help too. She feeds Jonathan all his meals until Chris comes home. But more importantly, she puts up with all his spit-up. Jonathan likes a good warm bottle, but I think he likes to spit it up even more. And just as soon as you think he can't spit-up anymore, the flood gates open and more of that nasty stuff will come up. So, that is another good excuse as to why I can't keep up with the blog, I'm constantly doing laundry (and if you don't know my feelings about laundry, just know I loathe it).
Here's what is going on in the lives of the boys. Jonathan is growing like a weed (even though he can't keep food down). He is amazingly strong for his 3 month age (I think he gets that from me because I'm surprisingly strong for a girl). He loves to be on his tummy but he also likes to play on his back while batting at something. He continues to do all the things that 3 months old are suppose to be doing.
Andrew is also doing quite well. He has been spending some time at other people's homes (I still struggle with my energy levels). It is nice to have him out of the home a couple of hours but those are the longest hours of my life. As soon as he leaves the house grows quiet and I wish he would come home. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the time away but he's my first born and I miss him. He's all boy right now. All he wants to do is be outside and play (mainly with his bike or his baseball bat (watch out neighborhood cat)). He got a bubble lawn mower for his birthday and that is fun to watch him play with. Although most of the time he pushes it too hard for any bubbles to come out. Then he'll ask me to fix it and I just stand there trying to figure out how am I going to tell him one more time that it is him and not the lawn mower, but I try.
I'm going to wrap it up now because House is coming on and I don't want to miss it. I'll try harder tomorrow to get some pictures taken.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I love House. :)

Jason and Kathleen said...

Praise God for your health. Can't wait to see you and the family on Saturday.

Pastor Chris said...

Jonathan could get some of his strength from his Daddy you know. Have you seen these "guns" lately?