Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day

We had a lot of snow fall today (not sure of the exact amount).  I love snow!!!  It makes freezing cold temperatures seem less miserable.  Ordinarily, I wouldn't enjoy going out in the cold, but for some reason I don't mind when it's snowing.  Here's our winter wonderland:
I loved taking this picture.  As I walked outside it was so quiet, and all I heard was the snow crunching under my feet.  It was one of those times when you could stand outside, close yours eyes and listen intently and hear nothing.  I hope it snowed where you live so you can understand this feeling.  By the way, this is our new home.
Eventually we all ventured out to enjoy the snow.  Andrew came down early to tell me that it snowed outside.  It took all he had to eat his breakfast super fast so that he could go outside.  I love Jonathan's look of bewilderment as he experienced snow for the first time.  
A snow angel.
Another snow angel.
Poor Jonathan had to stay in his stroller, and watch us from the sidelines.  He looked adorable though (and very cold). 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your new castle love the snow, especially the 2 angels keep up the blog my felon, very funny hope jerm is reading this

Rachel said...

I LOVE the picture of your house. It looks like a post card. Can't wait to come visit--wish it could have been during the snow. Our snow was just plain pitiful.

Jennifer said...

Your house is beautiful!! I'm jealous ya'll got so much snow. We got a "dusting"...nice weather term usage, right?