Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Stories...

I remember when I was pregnant with Andrew the word 'normal' took on a whole new meaning.  It was always such a relief to hear that his heart was normal, his brain was normal, and whatever else we were checking was normal.  I think we all want our children to be extraordinary, but I'm grateful for normal.  
I tell you this because I think somewhere between the womb and Wal-Mart, on Monday, my child went from normal to weirdly funny.  We were walking down an aisle (not isle, as I learned from my friend) and there was this young boy and his mommy coming toward us.  He points to Andrew and says 'Look Mommy, a boy.'  She was polite and talked to Andrew and asked her son to show Andrew his shirt, and he said 'Look, I have transformers.  What do you have on your shirt?'  For some reason, unbeknownst to me, Andrew plants his feet in a rock star stance and shouts 'LADIES AND GENTLMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, INTRODUCINGGGGG...SPIDERMAN!!'  When  he finishes his introduction the mom looks at me with eyes that scream 'Ohhh, you have one of those children.'  I wanted to tell her, 'No he's completely normal but I think the fumes* at Wal-Mart have finally gone to his head.'  

Yesterday, the boys and I were riding around town.  I still don't know the town well and I wanted to see different parts, and look for a house for my friend whose moving here.  As I was driving around, I think I made myself carsick.  When I got home I laid on the ground and tried to recover from the nausea and major headache.  Andrew, being the most tenderhearted boy I know, asks me if I wanted a cold wash cloth.  I said 'No thanks.'  But he goes and gets a washcloth wet and puts it on my head.  He sat there and rubbed my hair and kept saying its okay Mommy.  Jonathan tried to help too, but all he wanted to do was bring me toys.  I love them so much.

*Our Wal-Mart doesn't have fumes, but I couldn't think of the right word.  Still can't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has Andrew been to the circus recently? That might explain the weirdness.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you guys....What an awesome story about Andrew!! He is such a sweet young man..hold him tight..I am the Mom of a young man in love....I do mean in love...She is adorable and God sent her to him during this difficult time of transition in his life..I am thankful for God's wisdom..to be quite honest I wish that he would send Dennis and I somebody during this time of transition...Anyway..the story is also funny cause Tonya said that when you went to Walmart it was dif cause you did not know anyone..I guess people will know you now! Your house is beautiful and I am praying for you all. Keep looking our friend a house...I know God knows but sometimes it gts hard waiting..Love you all and miss you much!!

Anonymous said...

Jesse..
The 2nd was from me..I forget to leave my name...Love ya Angie

S.E. Painter said...

that is hysterical about Andrew...

love the sweaty tent story as well...