Wednesday, July 11, 2007

FKC Day 2

I wish I could say that Day 2 went much better for Andrew but that would not be the truth. I had an easier time last night letting him go but Andrew finally got to the point where he couldn't take it anymore and had a meltdown (so they tell me, I was in the gym with my 4th graders going deaf because game time was seriously loud). I also wish I could say I was a rock and told him to go back to his group and have a fun time with his friends but needless to say, I'm wimpy!! Yesterday morning he got up super early because he was excited about FKC and took a nap a little early and got up from his nap early. Knowing all of this helped me decide to reassign myself to his group so he could make it the rest of the night. Surprisingly, he did much better with me there. He even took part in activities, and every so often, would look over his shoulder to make sure I was still there. I guess I just have to remember that he loves his mommy very much and isn't quite ready to fly the proverbial coup (unsure of the spelling but you know the hen house didn't quite have the same impact).
As for Jonathan, he is still sick and letting us know it. Pray that he would recover quickly because Andrew and I are leaving town to visit my Grandmother this weekend. Since it will just be Daddy duty, it would be nice to have a healthy Jonathan to take care of.
Again, if any of you would like to come to our FKC (aka VBS) it is still be going on the rest of the week from 6-8:45pm. I know your kids will have a blast and learn lots of cool Bible stories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessie,
I have to tell you...do not feel bad cause you went with him. When Nick was 5 he ask me to promise him 3 things..He would never have to ride a big yellow bus,He would not have to stay in afterschool,and he would not ever have to go to Bible school. I also consider icecream and cheetoes a dairy. Ask Tonya:)
Love,
Angie

Jessie said...

I think there is wisdom in the cheetos and ice cream =dairy. If all mommies (and mainly doctors) thought that way our children would be very happy and would not cry as much. Now that you mention it, we'll try it for a week and if it doesn't work we'll go back to the old school of thought.