Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Florida Summary

We returned home from Florida on Monday. Here is the summary of our trip. After watching both boys on Friday and Saturday morning we (Andrew, Alexis, my sister Missy, and me) jumped in the car and headed to my Grams and Gramps house. Andrew and Alexis watched a movie (with headphones) and my sister and I jammed and caught up on our lives. When we arrived we were greeted by our Mom and Dad, Aunt, Uncle and cousin, and grandparents (Missy's husband arrived later). It was nice to sit and see the whole family and enjoy many laughs. My Grandma has cancer and is fighting everyday to stay with us as long as God wants her here. My aunt made a wonderful lasagna and salad for us to all enjoy. After dinner my Grams was getting tired so my Mom and I prayed with her and we all piled in our cars and headed for my Mom and Dad's house (another 2 hour drive). We stayed the night there and got up the next morning and headed for the beach (just me, the boys and my mom and dad). We were there a couple of hours and Andrew just sat under the umbrella because he was exhausted (no naps, a small cold and waking up early). As soon as we got home Andrew went straight to bed and we all had a wonderful lunch my mom made (she is an amazing cook, a skilled not genetically passed on). After lunch, we all piled back in the cars and headed back to my sister's house. We arrived in Jacksonville around 8:30pm and both the boys were so exhausted they both went to bed right away. I got up early Monday morning had my coffee and tried to wake Andrew up so we could get on the road. He ended up sleeping some more and then he and I piled back in the car and headed home. Except in our excitement to see Daddy and Jonathan, we forgot his Dawgum (the dog he loves and sleeps with). For those of you who have had the pleasure of meeting Dawgum you know this is simply awful for Andrew. He looks out the door everyday waiting for him to arrive.
Overall, the trip was wonderful. Here are a few pics:
Since Andrew was the smallest in the house he was attacked the most by the 4 dogs running around. He found safety in their kennel:
Here he is playing in the kennel:
Here he is strangling Maggie because she slipped through security:
Here's Ricky. (If I didn't put this picture in my mom would be livid. She thinks Ricky is the greatest thing since sliced bread. She probably would not have had kids had she had Ricky first. It's sad but very true.)
Sorry this post is so long. But I had so much to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

truth hurts Ricky rocks